We are enjoying the shade of a tree that was planted by Brothers before us.
- Welcome new Local 459 Members! Please take the time to look over the Local 459 site and sign up for 459 text alerts at the bottom of the home page.
- Your Shop Steward has provided you with a new member kit. Please follow the instructions and complete the required forms and return to the Union Hall with the initiation fee, in the self-addressed envelope provided.
- After the Local has received your application and initiation fee, you are encouraged to attend one of the 5 monthly Local Union meetings and be sworn in by taking your obligation as a Member of the International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers Union.
- You are now a Member of a very active Local Union who contributes to the communities in which we work and live. Information for all upcoming Local activities and community service events are listed on the home page.
- Your work location has a Union Bulletin Board with information postings from your Local Union Officers. Please be aware of new information as it is posted.
- Due to the geographic size of Local 459, we have five (5) Districts within our Local. The work location of the company you are employed determines the District you are in. All monthly District Union meeting times and locations can be found in the EVENTS section on the home page.
The five Districts of Local 459 are:
- Southwest District- Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month, 7:00 p.m. at 459 Union Hall in Johnstown, PA.
• NRG Energy (Keystone, Conemaugh, Homer City, Seward, Mobile Maintenance South)• Penelec First Energy (Indiana, Richland, Somerset, Ebensburg)• Alleghany Manufacturing Electrical Systems• Latrobe Window Cleaning• Somerset REC• Bedford Rural Electric• General Trade Corporation• REA Energy• Windber Area Authority• Forest Hills Municipal Authority• Highland Sewer And Water Authority• Brookfield Renewable Energy, Deep Creek Station
• Tinuum Services
- Central District- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7:00 p.m. at Local 5 Training Hall
• NRG Energy Shawville Station, Mobile Maintenance Central• Atlantic Broadband Clearfield• United Electric Cooperative• Central Electric Cooperative• Brookfield Renewable Energy, Piney Station
• Penelec First Energy (Clearfield, DuBois, Philipsburg)
- Northwest District- Meets the 2nd Monday of each month, 7:00 p.m. in Erie, Warren or Jamestown, N.Y. (rotate between the 3 locations each month)
• Atlantic Broadband Bradford• Atlantic Broadband Warren• Board Of Education• Board Of Public Utilities• City Of Warren• IHI Power Services Corp• Northwestern Rural Electric Cooperative• Penelec First Energy (Erie, Warren, Bradford, Meadville)• Village Of Westfield• West Penn Oil
- Western District- Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 6:30 p.m. in Uniontown, PA.
• Atlantic Broadband Uniontown• Beaver County Electrical Welfare Corp.• Center Township Road, Sanitary and Water• Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business• Forum Inc.• Globe Electric Co.• Hopewell Township• Housing Authority Of Beaver County• Magnetics
Northeast District- Meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month, 6:00 p.m. at the V.F.W. in Sayre, PA.• Penelec First Energy (Mansfield, Montrose, Towanda)