Penelec Management contacted Union Leadership to see if there was interest in early contract talks. In the interest of the Membership, and possible Company benefit demands after January 2016, an agreement has been reached for Membership consideration. Explanation and voting will occur at the following times and locations.
- November 9 - Corry: Community Center (15 South 1st Street Corry, Pa 16407) - 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- November 10 - Johnstown: Local 459 Hall 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- November 11 - Clearfield: IBEW Local 5 Union Hall - 1400 Leonard St, Clearfield 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- November 12 - Sayre: VFW, 932 Lockhart St. Sayre, PA 18840 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 an attempt to call all Penelec Members with information regarding contract and voting information was made. If you are a Penelec employee and Local 459 Member and did not receive a call, please call the Hall with updated contact information.
The following is a summary of the ‘STIPULATION OF SETTLEMENT’ agreement to be discussed and voted on at the listed times and locations from Nov. 9th through Nov. 12th. Copies of the full Stipulation of Settlement agreement will be available during the meetings.
- Five (5) year agreement. May 15, 2016 to May 14, 2021.
- Wage increases 3.0%, 2.5%, 2.5%, 2.5%, 2.5%.
- Prior to implementing on call crews in any shop, Management shall meet with the Union.
- $500 / $1000 contribution (single/Spouse) into HSA, 401-k or cash in lieu of retiree medical.
- Employees hired after January 1, 2017, will be eligible for Company funded-defined benefit, cash balance pension plan.
- Increase of $2.00 (breakfast / lunch) and $3.00 (dinner) stipend.
- F.R. clothing MOA to increase amount from $275 to $600.
- Management intends to increase bargaining unit compliment for the Line Construction and Maintenance Mobile Construction Crew by approximately 18 and add two more shops, possibly in Towanda and Erie.
- Increase shift differential and Sunday premium .05 each year of agreement.
- Increase Relay Tech rate and testing between EEC&M and Step 1 Relay Tech.
- Management agrees to provide job opportunities for all 30 current full time meter readers.